Originally established by John William Rihoy in 1924, the company started working exclusively for the horticulture industry, building and maintaining glasshouses.
The business diversified after World War II when John, affectionately known as Jack, constructed his first carpenter’s shop behind the family home in the Ville Baudu, Vale.
From 1950 until 1990, John Rihoy jnr, Jack’s son, made the business his life’s work and took it forward to become one of the most successful building contractors in Guernsey.
In 1958, Rihoy & Son relocated to its current home at Sandy Hook, L’Islet. The business has expanded its operations significantly to include the construction of new housing, domestic extensions, refurbishment, major projects for the finance, hotel and tourist trade, the industrial sector and the States of Guernsey.
The company’s chairman, Jeremy Rihoy, and managing director, Gavin Rihoy, are third generation Rihoys working for the privately owned family company.