Ashbrooke Homes is a UK company that specialises in the construction of quality timber framed homes. At the heart of the business is Byron Kneeshaw, a carpenter and joiner whose individual skills are complimented by over 65 years of family experience in crafting timber products. This extensive knowledge, combined with an attention to detail and excellent customer care, ensures professional results without compromise.
- Constructing a timber framed home costs around 5% less and is 30% quicker compared to an equivalent masonry building
- The u-values of a timber framed home far exceed that of a masonry building, resulting in lower running costs and higher energy efficiency
- A typical timber framed home saves four tonnes of CO2 compared to an equivalent masonry building
- Timber creates less waste in its production compared to brick, plastic, concrete and steel
- Unlike metal, wood retains its strength in a fire, and doesn’t sag, bend or melt
- Using timber in construction improves the sustainability of buildings
- Opportunities exist for the forest industries to increase their markets through the use of timber in construction, with the added bonus of helping to meet the government targets for reduction of CO2 emmissions from buildings